Adventures in Home Brewing

Last night I brewed my first solo batch of beer. It was great (though I think it would have been easier if I had an assistant). The only drawback is that it will be weeks before I know how it turned out. I made a German Weitzen (recipe was from F.H. Steinbart).
 My beautiful Beer Pot...it makes me happy :-)
 Tettenager Hops
 Hallertauer Hops
 If Jesus lived in Portland he would definitely turn water into Beer :-)
 Yeast...ready to pitch.
 Malt Extract (someday I'll do all grain but I'm starting with baby steps)
 This is what Malt Extract looks like...kind of like caramel in consistancy...so sticky!
 My new investment...I've always wanted an infared thermometer :-)
155 degrees F is the magic number.


 Boiling away just after the first hops were added.
 Just chillin'. The wort has to get to 72 degrees F before pitching the yeast...lots of waiting.

Wort...ready for the magic to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment