Day 13- April 9th, 2011

Today I went hiking at Silver Falls State Park. It is one of my favorite places to photograph (right up there with the Columbia River Gorge for sheer beauty). I even took some shots of my parents (gotta love impromptu photo shoots!). There are tons of shots but I couldn't help myself. Enjoy!
  A tree farm near the South Side of the Park. Taken at 50mph ;-) I just love the rolling hills. I definitely couldn't live in a place that was totally flat.
 Another pic of the hillside. It was such a beautiful day.
 More green...I just love green! I think it comes from growing up in Southern CA during the drought..I have a special place in my heart for the life that rain brings.

































South Falls- it looks as ancient as it is.
I could stand and watch and listen to the falls for hours.

































Another view of South Falls

































 Guess what...another view of South Falls.


































































 The backside of water! (extra points if you can tell me where that's from!)
 This shot is from the trail behind the falls- there are basalt cliffs over my head...I didn't feel altogether comfortable with a million tons of rock balanced over my head :-)


 Trillium- One of my favorite wildflowers.
 Shamrocks- I tried looking for a Four-Leafed Clover but I must have overlooked it.
A mini waterfall- kind of makes you thirsty doesn't it?

































One of my favorite trees- it looks like the tree the Hobbits hide under in the Fellowship of the Ring.


































A single drip. It's so lush near the falls. 

































Another water droplet.
 Upper North Falls- later in the year you can walk much closer but it was slippery and I'm accident prone :-)
The next series of shots are also Upper North but with different shutter speeds and distances.









 I just love the water droplets on everything. This is up close and personal with a dew-laden shamrock.
 Can't remember what type of plant this is- in summer it has flowers and is stunning.



































A fiddlehead- aka a baby fern.


































A very dewy hillside. It also looks so much like Middle Earth to me...so mystical. 
 More fiddleheads


































My beautiful mom...it's amazing she looks so young after raising the three of us and training dad :-)
 My parents...married almost 34 years.
 And they still love each other. Pretty impressive.


 Another misty path- I just love how much moss and greenery there is here...nobody can convince me that it all looks alike.





No comments:

Post a Comment